Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's Tax Time! FMJ - Day 746

April 15: The dreadful day... Filing your taxes. This year, as was the case for the last 7 years, I owed money to the tune of $2,621.00. My wife and I paid almost $28,000 to the Feds without so much as a 'thank you." Sucks to be successful!

While waiting for my tax guy to get the final number and file electronically, I decided to spend the morning taking a long walk. How long? I walked a little over 10 miles with my tennis racquet bag on my back. So, I carried 15 extra pounds the whole way. Why would I do this? Well, first off, it was out of a slight necessity as I put my Jaquar in for a brake service and didn't have anyone available to drop me off at the garage for the pick-up, and I, secondly, wanted to see what walking 10 miles would feel like. I was surprised to find that the walk was quite rejuvenating. I felt that i could have walked back, too. I played tennis for a hour afterwards and felt fine. So, I think the walk did me good.

How much money did I find on the walk? Try 46 cents in the form of 1 badly driven over quarter found while crossing the Stearns Street exit ramp, a dime found near an Erringer Rd. bus stop, and 11 pennies -- 4 found resting atop a concrete pillar for a street light, 5 found in the Burger King on Cochran St and the final 2 pennies were found along Simi Valley sidewalks. I also picked up 7 recyclable cans and bottles.

Today's Stats
Money Finds: $.46
Bottles & Cans Collected: 9
Running Stats
This Month: $10.60
Last Month: $13.64
2008 Finds: $30.83
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $414.71 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $875.00 (since 1-1-2000)
Bottles and Cans Collected: 48 for the month
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $1,130.93

No comments: