Tuesday, February 06, 2007

FMJ - Day 316

February 6: Karate Jeff and I played 2 sets of singles tennis this morning. After that, a set of doubles with Dan and Rick. Jeff and Rick are former professionals. Rick won the Burbank Open in the mid Seventies. Why I start off with this? I played some very solid tennis... much better than even I expected of myself. My two-handed backhand was rock solid on the return of serve. I was running much faster and many more shots were hitting the lines. What did I do differently? I took a green tea tablet and green tea gum. Usually, I'm not into supplements. Thought, it might help to jump start my weight loss. The holidays and the move were real set back. Now, the we're settled I'd like to resolve my weight issues. Need to lose 20 pounds. I'm not an expert, obviously... but, I do feel the "green tea" had something to do with my performance. I'll try it again tomorrow and see if the effects are the same.

We made two finds today. Find #1 -- a 2005 Mexican 10 centavos coin. Worth about a U.S. penny in currency translation. It was found at Stater Bros. grocery store late last night by me on our way home from Cerritos, CA. Find #2 -- a penny at the ARCO station on Madera Rd. Find #3 -- a penny in the gutter along Royal Ave. I was checking out a house for sale. $579,000 for a 4/2 Ranch built in the 1960's. And, it needs updating. I'd pay no more than $400,000 for it. Let's see what some fool is willing to give away for it.

Today's Stats
Day's Finds: $.02
Bottles & Cans Collected: 14
Running Stats
This month: $.50
2007 Finds: $27.47
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $211.44 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $671.85 (since 1-1-2000)
Number of Bottles and Cans Collected: 55 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $689.09

No comments: