Thursday, February 22, 2007

FMJ - Day 331

February 21: Found twelve cents. First find was in the morning at Mr. Henry's Donuts Plus on Erringer Road -- a dime and a penny. Mr. Henry makes the best donuts in Simi Valley and that's not only according to me; that's according the my friend, Mr. Jimmy, who been eating his donuts more than 20 years. I found a penny along my afternoon walk. Mr. Jimmy is one of Simi Valley's most prolific tennis players -- he's a singular spectator sport whenever he's on the court.

Today's Stats
Day's Finds: $.12
Bottles & Cans Collected: 10
Running Stats
This month: $1.92
2007 Finds: $28.89
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $212.86 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $673.27 (since 1-1-2000)
Number of Bottles and Cans Collected: 265 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $701.44

1 comment:

nhcardhunter said...

It's funny you should mention donuts, Andy. I was at Hannaford's supermarket and I usually by a brand of donuts that goes by the name Mrs Dunsters. They are way better than any of the other options with regard to donuts. Anyway, they put them at the other end of the store, away from their own bakery products, I actually found them by accident. So I head over the aisle that has them and to my surprise, no donuts! Come to find out, the assisant manager asked the guy to either deliver them in larger quantities or come more often.

It turns out that the guy was stopping by twice a week and they were getting bought by their customers faster than he was restocking them. According to the Manager, the vendor went ballistic when he asked him to stock more donuts and pulled all of his product off the shelves and left dodge. Needless to say I was bumming.

Best,

Jim