Saturday, October 20, 2007

FMJ - Day 569

October 19: Unfortunately, Civic duty kept me out of the game on this day... I had JURY DUTY. I had to be at the Ventura Court House at 8:00AM so that meant getting up at 6:00AM to get ready, putting on my best suit from my working years and drive 48 miles north to Ventura. I and 200 other people spent the full day waiting to be called for a jury panel in a large jury assembly room. At 4:45p.m., they let everyone go and not a single jury panel was called.

What did I do during the 8 Hours of sitting around? I brought 3 books, my sony walkman cassette player to listen to Hendrix, China Crisis & The Who, cashews &, crackerjacks, and 4 newspapers.

I completed 95 pages of Cormac McCarthy's THE ROAD. I read several entries in THE Incomplete Education and started to read a book about American cabins called THE CABIN.

Did I enjoy myself? I MOST CERTAINLY DID!

Still no money was found.

No comments: