Tuesday, October 23, 2007

FMJ - Day 572

October 22: FIRE, FIRE, Everywhere. There's a huge fire about 12 miles away from our house that's blowing smoke and ash right over us. The Santa Ana winds are gusting at 80m.p.h. and our electricity has been out all day and through the night. I took the kids to Cerritos to stay with their Mayma. There safe and comfy at grandma's house. Their school was closed for fire evacuation needs.

Money finds: Found two quarters and five pennies in the morning near Jack in the Box on L.A. Ave. At the Alliance gas station in Thousand Oaks where we pulled in the change a flat tire late last night, I found a nickel and two pennies.

Today's Stats
Money Finds: $.62
Bottles & Cans Collected: 8
Running Stats
This Month: $2.97
Last Month: $3.46
2007 Finds: $190.17
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $374.17 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $834.57 (since 1-1-2000)
Bottles and Cans Collected: 132 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $1,015.93

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of your found money jar site. You have inspired me to start my own "found money jar." Also, like the "Change is Good" blog. I first found your site by google when searching for "tennis." I'm a tennis player, too... If I'm ever in L.A., I'll look you up for a match. You've made a good return on the investments by picking REITS. Reinvesting and compounding them is a good growth strategy. Funny how such plainly discarded money can grow.

Franklin Cheney
N.Y.C.