Sunday, July 06, 2008

FMJ - Day 828

July 6: Lots of coin finds today. In the morning, I went to Wescom Credit Union on Tap Canyon Rd. to use the "free" coin counting machine and deposit Found Money Jar coins in our account to cover the additional share purchase of the Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust nyse:PEI). I found two pennies stepping out of the car. Atop the coin counting machine were a disregarded Canadian Quarter and Penny -- scoop those, too. Afterwards, I had breakfast at the Carl's Jr. nearby. Upon leaving Carl's, I noticed a handful's worth of pennies scattered about a parking space out front of the restaurant -- 31 pennies in all.

Next stop, Bed-Bath and Beyond for new wine glasses -- found a dime at the register. Then, I drove to the recycling center at the Ralph's on L.A. Ave. to cash in a large box full of bottles and cans. I received $6.10 for them. When scooping up the dime for my payment from the automatic coin changer at the checkout, I noticed a prior customer had left behind their coins in the "scooping dish." Well, add 2 quarters, a nickel and six pennies to today's take. Nothing like a blessed donation.

The evening was equally interesting from a coin hunting prospective. We went to Port Hueneme Beach to take in the sand and surf. Making a stop for sodas, I found 7 pennies that had been dropped at the entrance to a nondescript quickie mart near the subway restaurant. After the Beach, we had dinner at India Cafe in Camarillo, CA. I found a dime in the parking stall next to us. Last stop, CVS drugstore for an First Aid kit to keep in the Toyota Solara. Again, I found a dime in the parking lot.

Today's Stats
Money Finds: $1.31
Bottles & Cans Collected: 6
Running Stats
This Month: $1.91
Last Month: $8.58
2008 Finds: $67.63
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $451.43 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $911.68 (since 1-1-2000)
Bottles and Cans Collected: 39 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $1,195.77

No comments: