Friday, July 11, 2008

A little recycling for you.

July 11: Watching the stock of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in a free-fall earlier this morning led me to one thing... it isn't easy being a stock investor in tough times. I just keep my head up knowing that most cycles do end and the market prospects will turn higher at sometime. I own shares of both Freddie and Fannie... I took time this week to buy more Freddie Mac to average down my investment cost as I think the government will not let them fail and as many people have retirement funds directly linked to GSE stock through their 401k and IRA accounts via the Mutual Funds. A collapse of one of them would mean an utter failure of our banking system -- OVERNIGHT! So, I figure as a long term investment both GSE should do just fine! Still, it's quite nerve wracking particpating in this market.

So, we got away from it all and went to play tennis... and hour on the court and I have no cares. Ajay is improving his game everyday -- hitting a forehand and backhand volley then smash in succession now. I think he may be playing in tournaments by the end of summer. Maya emailed us from Singapore... she's having a great time but annoyed at her Grandma (Mayma) for saying "NO" so much. Mayma lost her eyeglasses in Bangkok... so Maya has to do all the reading.

After tennis, lunch at Del Taco near the Simi Valley Town Center where we found three pennies. We found a quarter in the parking spot next to our spot at Wood Ranch Park and we found a penny at the recycling center.

We recycled $7.40 worth of bottles and cans.

Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $1,203.17

Today's Stats
Money Finds: $.29
Bottles & Cans Collected: 18
Running Stats
This Month: $3.13
Last Month: $8.58
2008 Finds: $68.85
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $452.65 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $912.90 (since 1-1-2000)
Bottles and Cans Collected: 69 for the month
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $1,203.17

No comments: