Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

232 Years and the our glorious country's future still burns bright! My wife, Ajay and I spent our Fourth walking on the beach in Ventura. At Emma Wood State Beach, I found a shiny dime. Ajay found a penny while walking into Red Brick Pizza in Moorpark, CA.

I attended my first Fourth of July tennis social at the Moorpark Tennis Club. I've played on several USTA tennis teams hosted by the club but never joined in the socials. I had a great time mixing with the members. They put on quite a picnic spread... GREEK SALAD! Veggie burgers, turkey burger and good ole' hamburgers! AND BEERS! Nothing better than good friends, tennis and beer. LOTS OF HOTDOGS! WOW! And, the tennis round robin was a sight to behold! I aced one the best players in the club... after he made a boisterous remark after my he was having so much trouble returning my serves to his backhand. "You just give me one of those to my forehand and you'll see what I'll do with it!" I quietly and deftly belted in right down the middle for a first serve ace! A shot to remember!

It was a great time!

Today's Stats
Money Finds: $.11
Bottles & Cans Collected: 2
Running Stats
This Month: $.24
Last Month: $8.58
2008 Finds: $65.96
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $449.76 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $910.01 (since 1-1-2000)
Bottles and Cans Collected: 33 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $1,189.67

No comments: