Sunday, September 17, 2006

Early post for Day 175!

As I'm traveling to Ventura, CA to play tennis at the very ritzy Pierpont Racquet Club and as such, I thought it wise to post my earlier finds now... I played two sets of singles this morning at Rancho Simi Courts. Very windy! Santa Ana Winds -- big fire caution today! I found a single dollar bill at Ralph's in Wood Ranch where I cashed in a coupon for a free Propel sports water. The bill was folded in half and had been dropped on the floor near the exit way. After tennis, a stop for a spicy chicken sandwich ( still only 99 cents!) at Carl's Jr. on Madera Rd. produced 2 dimes and a penny for the found money jar. We have a big match for the Ventura Men's Doubles USTA Team Tennis League today -- our team captain has switched the partners for this match as we are playing against one of the best teams in the league -- I hope I can make a big showing and give our coach a win! I played 11 straight days of two or more hours of tennis until yesterday... really starting to see my "A" come out right now. Lost 9 pounds from playing in less than two weeks. Total found so far today: $1.21

A further note: At Pierpont, my partner and I played their #1 team and lost 7-6, 6-1... we got the play on the center court and had a crowd... I was really playing well... held all but one service game... many aces and played with pinpoint returns... My two-handed backhand return of serve was a real weapon... Their players had a tough time handling my power game. Unfortunately, my partner broke his strings at the tie-break and had to play with his back-up racquet... he just couldn't keep his game up after that and they attacked him with low short balls and made him run... He couldn't find his strokes.. Sadly, we lost the second set and try as hard as a I could... I was not able to carry him. I play incredible tennis when I've got a crowd. "I coulda bin a contendar!"

No comments: