Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Kids and sickness! FMJ - Day 372

April 4: Both of my little ones were running fevers this morning and that meant stay at home time with Dad. Motrin did the trick with this virus and they were quickly cured. Lunch at McDonald's and a stop at Walmart for some much needed supplies. Then, a couple hoppers of balls at the tennis courts. Somehow their morning 'Creepy Crud" was healed away. All normal in the afternoon! We found a penny at Walmart in Porter Ranch, CA.

Also, we garnered 10 water bottles for the fund at the tennis courts.

BTW, I made lemonade from fresh lemons picked from my tennis buddy's lemon trees... Incredibly tasty. It was my first time making lemonade by myself... MOM always made it fresh for us as kids... got to repay the favor today.

HERE's my post about it on Frugal for Life:

Today, I took a step towards the simpler life and made Lemonade for the very first time in my 38 years on this earth. A good friend who has a few lemon trees offered me a bag of Lemons a few days back. They sat around staring at me until I got the gumption to do it. I googled a lemonade recipe and went to work slicing and squeezing. Boiled water and sugar. Added the juice of six fresh squeezed lemons. Finally, I set it to cool in the fridge.

Tonight, I will surprise my troops to the freshest lemonade in their lives.

BABY STEPS TO FRUGALITY!

Today's Stats
Day's Finds: $ .01
Bottles & Cans Collected: 10
Running Stats
This month: $.14
2007 Finds: $35.78
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $219.77 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $680.18 (since 1-1-2000)
Number of Bottles and Cans Collected: 66 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $753.09

No comments: