Saturday, November 04, 2006

Flint Canyon tournament -- Day 223

November 4, 2006: Day 223 was a tournament day for me. I played in the Flint Canyon Men's Open which was held in La Canada, CA. I got a "bye" in the first round and had to play Goleh Karapetian in the second round. I didn't know he was ranked #4 in all of Southern California in year 2000 and that he's competed in challenger and Futures ATP tournaments attaining a top 400 world ranking... Personally, I didn't play bad but I certainly couldn't handle his attacking game and pinpoint shots. I was only able to win a single game at 5-luv in the second set. In the last game, his service, I was up two break points... he quickly turned that around and won the match -- 6-0, 6-1. My analysis: I need to find a few open players to practice return of serve... the older guys I play in the park just don't serve with such authority. I believe I can return the open player's serves... I did get some good returns in this match but not a high enough percentage to put real pressure on Goleh... next time I'll be in better form and a few steps faster. I'm now down 27 lbs. since Aug. 30th and I'm seeing the results of this weight loss in my on-court footwork.

Now for money finds...

11 cents. Ajay found a penny in Santa Monica at Barney's Beanery where we had lunch with Uncle Nicky, Auntie Reshma and Grandma... It was Grandma's 75th birthday this week. In the evening after dropping Grandma in Cerritos, we stopped at the Citadel Outlets to return an Anne Taylor suit jacket... Ajay and I found a dime during another installment of our "spy game."

Uncle Joe gave us two shopping bags full of water bottles and cans.

FMJ - Total Found: $624.76
Since Blog Inception: $164.14
Number of Bottles and Cans Collected Today: 18
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $578.72

No comments: