Tuesday, July 03, 2007

FMJ - Day 462

July 3: This morning I found a penny in the curbside dirt along the parking of the Old Susana Cafe. It's a quiet breakfast joint... unfortunately, it has changed hands since the last time I was there and the new owner raised all the prices on the menu. It was $38.00 with tip for breakfast for the kids and me. I had the 8 ounce sorloin patty and eggs at $8.45, Maya the French Toast and eggs with a sausage at $7.99 and Ajay the Chicken Fingers and Fries which included his soda at $5.95... the kids have been begging me to take them because the restaurant has an Old Timey theme with a covered wagon out front. Personally, I thought the meal was worth about $20.00 --- certainly not $38.00! TWO THUMBS DOWN!

In the afternoon, Ajay went over to his friend Calvin's house... Maya and I went to play tennis in Moorpark. Unfortunately, way too many other people decided to do the same thing and we were unlucky in finding an open court. So, we had a chinese food lunch, instead. Found a dime at the Chinese food place in the Von's Center on Tierra Rejada Rd. Maya and I also made a stop at the Wood Ranch Recycling Center -- the turn-in gained $11.14 for the B&C Fund.

An evening trip to Topanga Promenade Mall to beat the heat in their air-condition caverns, Ajay and I found 3 quarters, 5 dimes and 8 pennies on our mall walking game.

Today's Stats
Money Finds: $1.44
Bottles & Cans Collected: 17

Running Stats
This month: $3.11
2007 Finds: $68.43
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $252.43 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $712.83 (since 1-1-2000)
Bottles and Cans Collected: 46 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $862.48

No comments: