Sunday, July 01, 2007

FMJ - Day 459

June 30: 44 cents found. While parking at Dan's Tennis Shop, a penny was spotted and scooped in the stall next to mine. After that, a need for a cold beverage at 7-11 next door and I find a quarter, dime and 4 pennies. A stop for gas at ARCO on L.A. Ave. -- a penny near my pump. Then, on to Wal-mart in Simi Valley for tennis balls -- another penny. At Sports Authority near Topanga Promenade Mall -- 2 pennies.

Today's Stats
Day's Finds: $.44
Bottles & Cans Collected: 10
Running Stats
This month: $9.07
2007 Finds: $65.32
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $249.32 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $709.72 (since 1-1-2000)
Number of Bottles and Cans Collected: 489 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $844.29

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to read that your daughter is getting along well at tennis camp.

I was also wondering what type of work do you do? I remember reading that you had worked in real estate but correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway good luck with the collecting!

J @ Road to Harvard

AndyfromSimi said...

Currently, I'm not working in any field... I and my brother own several rental properties back east. In 2004, I sold a successful business I had operated for 14 years to a better known competitor. I took my windfall from the sale and now live off it's investment returns. Not much, but enough.

I've mainly investment in real estate investment trusts and buildable housing lots.
ANDY