Sunday, July 08, 2007

FMJ - Day 467 Biggest Money Find Ever!

July 8: After an early dinner at an Italian Restaurant in Thousand Oaks, I found a folded wad of bills on the sidewalk. The bills totaled: $77.00! This is our biggest find of cash ever. This single find amounts to a full 9.6% of all Found Money Jar finds. As of this day, the Found Money Jar now stands at over $800.00 in finds.

One funny thing about this find is that about two minutes before it happened I had left my wife at the restaurant so that I could fetch our car and pick her up at the door. As I started off for the car, I thought to myself that it would be neat to find a large amount of cash before I returned to pick her up. Strangely, there was this older couple who smiled at me as they passed me on the sidewalk which was just at the moment that this thought came to mind and then I few seconds later, I make the $77.00 find. Premonition, maybe?

We made two other finds today. 11 cents at the McDonald's on Yosemite Ave. and 12 cents at the Jack in the Box on Moorpark Rd.


Today's Stats
Money Finds: $77.23
Bottles & Cans Collected: 3

Running Stats
This month: $91.85
2007 Finds: $157.17
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $341.17 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $801.57 (since 1-1-2000)
Bottles and Cans Collected: 91 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $862.48

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great find! I had similar luck today but instead I broke two pieces of furniture. C'est la vie i guess :P