Tuesday, August 07, 2007

FMJ - Day 497 Recovered Glued Quarter!

August 7: Another trip to the 99 Cents Only store today. This time, we went to the one on Tapo St. -- the store just got in a shipment of bagged salads and cantaloupe. I couldn't resist the price -- 99 cents, of course. Anyway, Ajay found 2 pennies inside the store. Upon leaving, there was this quarter laying near the entrance which some very mischievous youngsters had glued to the sidewalk as a joke. Just happens that the boys who glued it were sitting on the wall of the flower beds outside the store to watch the shoppers leaving who tried in vain to retrieve the coin. I gleaned this fact from Maya who happened to overhear them talking about doing it in the store. Jokes on them, after stowing my purchase in the car, I returned with my iron 3 lb dumbell and a chisel which I always keep in the trunk of my car for times like this -- ONE SWING AND THE QUARTER WAS MINE!

Prior to the entertaining 99 Cents Only store event, the kids and I had lunch at the nearby Taco Bell -- found a dime and a penny in the parking lot.

Today's Stats
Money Finds: $.38
Bottles & Cans Collected: 0

Running Stats
This Month: $1.45
Last Month: $112.11
2007 Finds: $178.88
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $362.88 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $823.28 (since 1-1-2000)
Bottles and Cans Collected: 231 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $935.68

2 comments:

Danny said...

wow, i just randomly found this blog. i used to collect coins that i found, and you have inspired me to start back up again. thanks.

Unknown said...

Way to stick it to those punks!