Tuesday, August 28, 2007

FMJ - Day 513

August 24: We left my parent's home in Bethany Beach, Del. to enjoy a day back home in Gaithersburg, Maryland... I took my kids around to the places where I grew up. I showed them the first court where I began my love affair with the sport of tennis 32 years ago. We ate a Chinese lunch at Wok Express in Montgomery Village Center... that restaurant has been there forever. Good Food always!

In the afternoon, I took the kids to our old neighborhood in Potomac Falls, Virginia. We made a surprise visit upon her best friend, Alma. They shared 4 hours of story telling about "Maya's California Adventure." Amazing how grown-up Alma seems since we left... Girls do mature faster than boys. Super smart kid!

Our last stop before moving on to Philadelphia for my wife's cousins wedding was a stop at Tyson's Corner Mall. Wow, they've expanded... It's a mega mall now! You could spend an entire day in that place... new food courts and theaters and a Barnes and Noble! Even I might shop there!

We found 69 cents in the form of a quarter, 3 dimes, a nickel and 9 pennies in this day's journey.

Today's Stats
Money Finds: $.69
Bottles & Cans Collected:

Running Stats
This Month: $5.79
Last Month: $112.11
2007 Finds: $183.22
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $367.22 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $827.62 (since 1-1-2000)
Bottles and Cans Collected: 317 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $955.73

No comments: