Sunday, January 07, 2007

FMJ - Day 286

January 7, 2006: Early in the morning, Biscuit's dogwalk provided a penny. Also, an unknown neighbor's late night party whose friends must be litterbugs provided 7 bottles and cans along the walk. Then, a grocery bag full of beer bottles left at the curb -- 19 more or, 26 in all. After the walk, I went to Ralph's to fetch the Sunday paper and some soda. This made an opportunity to do a recycling turn-in of the weekend's collection... received $2.60 for this trip.

Our afternoon was filled with pure indulgence... Lunch at the Exotic Thai Cafe in Camarillo, CA. It was our first time there... absolutely delectable. It won't be our last. I found a penny on the way out to boot. Then, on to Ventura Beach. We stopped at McDonald's for a pre-beach bathroom break -- found 2 pennies. IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL 72 degrees on the beach. We all walked the beach... Ajay and I played Jedi knights with his lightsabers. Afterwards, my wife and I chilled in our beach chairs as the kids played soccer and dug a sand fortress. About 5:00 P.M., it got a little chilly. So, we went to the Pacific View Mall... My wife and Maya shopped... Ajay and I went on a coin hunt. We found 3 dimes, a nickel and 5 pennies.

Dinner was enjoyed in our car at the In-N-Out Burger in Camarillo. Nothing like listening to good ol' 80's music and downing a chocolate shake. As for In-N-OUT... It's very cheap and they have the best burgers... better than any burger I've had during my 37 years on the East Coast. "Real MILK" Shakes, too! Not like the syrupy concoctions found at Roy Roger's, BK or Mickey D's. I found a nickel and 4 pennies in the In-N-OUT.

Today's Stats
Day's Finds: $.53
Bottles & Cans Collected: 38
Running Stats
2007 Finds: $3.81
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $187.58 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $648. 19 (since 1-1-2000)
Number of Bottles and Cans Collected: 145 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $653.09

No comments: