Tuesday, January 09, 2007

FMJ - Day 288

January 9, 2007: Found 13 cents -- a dime and three pennies -- at the Plaza at Simi. I had lunch at Panda Wok... cheap, tasty and quick. The kids wanted to go to Wendy's on L.A. Ave. for chicken Nuggets and a Frosty when they returned from school... we found six pennies there.

Hey, I found a single sterling silver "semi-hoop" earing at the ARCO last night... I didn't post it as I didn't think it was real. Today, I found the "925" marking on it. I've got a box that I keep these finds in... one day, I'll weigh it and sell it off as "scrap silver." It will get added to the "fund" upon sale.

Today's Stats
Day's Finds: $.19
Bottles & Cans Collected: 15
Running Stats
2007 Finds: $4.02
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $187.79 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $648. 40 (since 1-1-2000)
Number of Bottles and Cans Collected: 226 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $658.34

1 comment:

The Humphery Family said...

That's a great idea! (saving silver to sell later on)... We found a few bits of gold last year but not enough to substantiate a sale thus far.