Friday, June 15, 2007

FMJ - Day 444

June 15: 43 cents found. In the afternooon, I went for a haircut at the Fantastic Sam's at the corner of Tapo Canyon & Cochran. Found a nickel and 2 pennies in the parking lot. Funny thing about my visit to Fantastic Sam's --- my barber's actual name was "Sam." And, he's a wild and crazy guy, just look here: www.bornhye.com -- too funny! The kids' school is officially out for summer... and with that, Maya was invited to her friend's house for a massive pool party. She was in the pool a good 5 hours straight. How do I know? Very red eyes! Kids? During her party, Ajay and I went to McDonald's on L.A. Ave. for some food and fun. We found a quarter, dime and penny while partaking in that fine grub.

Today's Stats
Day's Finds: $.43
Bottles & Cans Collected: 1

Running Stats
This month: $2.93
2007 Finds: $59.18
Since FMJ Blog Inception: $243.18 (March 28, 2006)
Total Found for FMJ Fund: $703.58 (since 1-1-2000)
Number of Bottles and Cans Collected: 120 for the month.
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $825.34

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile now and think what you're doing is fantastic. Not only is it interesting but it teaches your kids about money and the environment at the same time.

I'm going to be doing something similar on my own blog except i call it the trash fund. I just stopped in to wish you good luck and keep on collecting!

Best Regards

J

AndyfromSimi said...

Thanks for your kind words. It has been quite an adventure these last 7 years of the Found Money Jar. The kids, hopefully, will continue this project with their children. I'm Charging them with making sure that it will continue in perpetuity. Maybe a conglomerate like Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway Corp. could one day grow from the investments fostered by the Found Money Jar.
Only the future will tell.
ANDY