Thursday, December 28, 2006

FMJ - Day 277

December 28, 2006: While investigating a possible real estate investment, I found a dime and six pennies scattered in a parking space behind a "condo" apartment building on Patricia Ave. For some time, I've been watching sales of condos on this property and might buy one as a rental should the prices drop lower... The prices have dropped about $50,ooo.oo for these units since we moved to Simi Valley in October of 2005. Currently, they're asking about $309,000 for a 2 bedroom... still high, but one will becoming up at a foreclosure sale soon. I'll watch the sale.

In the evening, we ventured out to the Oaks Mall in Thousand Oaks, CA. Right away, I found a penny near our car prior to starting the drive. At the mall, I watch a teenager chuck three pennies he received at the pretzel stand. He laughed and scoffed at receiving the pennies... "worthless," says he. Thanks, say I.

It's was an unusual day for collecting bottles and cans... seems they're all over the place. I picked up 43 bottles and cans along my errands and dog walks today.

Today's Stats
Finds: $.20
FMJ - Total Found: $638.33
Since Blog Inception: $177.72
Number of Bottles and Cans Collected: 43/388 this month
Bottles & Cans Return Fund: $633.88

No comments: